One to one support
BEMSCA services the needs of the Chinese, Asian and West Indian communities. We have specialist staff from these three ethnic groups who provide one to one support to our members. This support is vital for people who our elderly members who may not speak good English or have family or friends close by to help them.
We deal with a wide range of issues including;
• Working with a broad range of service providers and home based equipment companies to enable our members to live independently.
• Supporting members with referrals at home, hospital, care home and agencies.
• Working with health workers to assess personal need and developing care plans.
• Gathering evidence for case studies and funding application for benefits and state funded support.
• Translating personal and legal documentation to ensure members understand what is in front of them.
• Accompanying members to meetings with their GP, hospital visits, appointments with high utility companies, high street banks and social service departments.
• Helping member understand their legal rights in dealing with welfare and social service claims
• Working with members and their families to plan funeral arrangements to minimise stress for everyone involved.